Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Still Autumn

It's officially the longest, warmest autumn on record in Beijing - and there's a mild winter forecast. The news on CCTV 9 proclaimed this a great thing because it prolongs the growing season and reduces heating bills, but also warned of a possible increase in respiratory disease. If you have any issues with that line of thought, email them, not me!

Having blogged about coal use yesterday, I was amused to see greenpeace dumping coal at the entrances to Downing street. I think that's brought coal use back to everyone's attention. I hadn't realised that coal use ahd increased 20% under Blair's rule; that's not a great statistic to have created!

I hope this winter isn't so mild that we don't have snow - that would be very sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home